Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 21, 2017

Sea Garden by Deborah Lawrenson

The Sea Garden by Deborah Lawrenson begins with a setting on the Mediterranean island of Porquerolles off the French coast. Ellie Brook, a British landscape designer, has been hired to restore a memorial garden. The island has an interesting history much of which Ms. Lawrenson touches on, but I didn't find Ellie to be a character that was life-like. The book then skipped to The Lavender Field which appeared to have no connection to The Sea Garden novella. I didn't continue reading the second and third novellas, but after looking at some of the reviews, apparently the ending ties them all together. Instead of interspersing the past with the present, the novel is written separately. I think the interspersion might have made more sense to the reader.